Rohrbach Rosenthal LLP was formed in 2020 with the goal of providing sophisticated legal services with a small-firm efficiency and pragmatism.
We represent and advise businesses and individuals in all aspects of litigation, from inception through appeals. We handle cases in federal and state courts in Virginia, the District of Columbia, and elsewhere.
We have significant experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a range of civil litigation matters, from routine claims to complex commercial disputes. Our experience includes the following types of cases, among others:
- Contract and other business disputes, including claims for breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, civil conspiracy, and defamation
- Intra-company disputes, including partnership and shareholder conflicts
- Employment disputes, including claims involving non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, discrimination, and wrongful termination
- Trust and estate disputes, including will and trust contests
- Real estate disputes, including commercial and residential lease disputes, boundary disputes, trespass claims, nuisance claims, easement disputes, and other real property matters
- Civil liberties and constitutional law, including claims based on violations of constitutionally protected rights
We recognize that a trial is not the only way to resolve a dispute, and that litigation can be costly and time-consuming. Where appropriate, we have pursued alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration, on behalf of clients. Our objective always is to provide timely, cost-effective solutions to the problems our clients face.
In that regard, we often are asked to review contracts and other documents before they are signed—to minimize the chance of disputes down the road and, were a dispute to arise, to maximize the chance of a favorable resolution. We regularly counsel clients concerning the legal risks of actions before they are taken.
In addition to our pre-trial and trial work, we also have experience representing clients in appeals in the Court of Appeals of Virginia, the Supreme Court of Virginia, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, the Fourth Circuit, and the D.C. Circuit. At both the trial and appellate levels, we prepare our motions and briefs meticulously, focusing on the critical, dispositive issues. We strive to be fresh, spare, and incisive in our writing and argument.